To remove ants successfully, it is usually necessary to identify the nest and treat the colony directly. Vergo pest control professionals have the experience to correctly identify your ants and treat them appropriately.
- We will first identify the species of ants
- Then assess the extent and source of the infestation
- Depending on species, we would place insecticidal gel bait in the infested areas
- The toxic baits are slow-acting, so the ants can eat some and take some back to the nest before dying themselves. There is likely to be an initial increase in activity as they find and exploit the new food source. It is fed to the young in the nest, so it gradually kills the whole colony.
- If the infestation is severe a follow-up visit may be required