As with all rodent’s prevention is better than cure. There are many simple things you can do to avoid having a problem with mice in or around your premises.
Search for any potential mouse entry points (any gaps of 6mm or more), and seal them with wire wool embedded in quick-setting cement. Proofing potential access areas as much as possible will help to prevent a mouse infestation.
Other things you can do include:
- Remove potential nesting sites by keeping gardens clean and tidy, cutting back overgrown areas and clearing any piles of wood/debris
- Cover any household waste where mice can get access to it, close dustbin lids and cover compost heaps
- Store food in airtight containers and make sure any food debris is cleaned up straight away
- Install door sweeps or door brush strip on exterior doors, if the gap is larger than 4mm.
- Although good hygiene practices won’t eradicate a mouse problem, poor practices will attract them in the first place.
Vergo technicians not only control mice issues, they also offer pest proofing services to mitigate any future mice problems. Contact us today to speak to mice expert.