Damage birds can cause:
Birds may appear harmless and majestic as they soar through the skies, but they can become a significant nuisance when they invade your property. Here are some of the damages that birds can inflict:
- Structural Damage: Birds have a knack for perching and nesting in inconvenient places, and their constant presence can result in structural damage, as their droppings, nests, feathers, and acidic droppings can corrode building materials, including wood, metal, wood, and stone. Over time, this can compromise the integrity of your structures, resulting in costly repairs.
- Vehicle Damage: Bird droppings can cause significant damage to vehicles, including paint corrosion and etching, requiring expensive repairs.
- Health Hazards: Birds, especially pigeons, carry numerous diseases and parasites, posing a significant threat to human health. Their droppings carry dangerous pathogens like salmonella and E. coli, capable of contaminating surfaces and causing severe illness. Moreover, bird feathers and nesting materials can trigger allergies and respiratory issues. Additionally, the presence of bird droppings increases the risk of slip hazards, further compromising safety.
- Property Aesthetics: Bird mess is unsightly and can tarnish the visual appeal of your property. Bird droppings deface surfaces, including roofs, walkways, and facades, making them appear dirty and uninviting. Bird droppings can negatively impact visitors, customers, or potential buyers, impacting your home or business’s overall value or first impression.
- Noise Pollution: Birds can contribute to noise pollution, disrupting peace and tranquillity with their constant chirping and calls generally in the morning; this can be a nuisance and negatively affect people trying to sleep nearby.