Good housekeeping and hygiene will help prevent or control a cockroach infestation. The following suggestions may help:
- Keep all opened foodstuffs in tightly sealed containers
- Clear up and wash up after every meal and do not leave food lying around, especially overnight
- Keep surfaces, food preparation areas and floors as clean as possible
- Remove rubbish regularly from inside. Rubbish should be stored in sealed bins, such as wheelie bins, and kept away from the building
- Clean kitchen areas intensively, focusing on areas where grease accumulates
- Ensure any indoor manhole access is sealed
By incorporating these preventative measures you can significantly reduce the risk of a cockroach infestation. These simple steps can go a long way in keeping your living space or workplace cockroach-free.